May 21?

I remember seeing those May 21 signs as early as 3 months ago. At first I thought that the 'Judgment Day' they were announcing was a Christian stage play, much like 'Judgment Morning' by the Good News Community Church.

I caught one caption on the tarp saying 'The Bible Guarantees It!'. Whoa, I thought. They aren't actually warning people with a specific date, are they?

So I googled May 21, and also took a look at familyradio.com; they seemed to have a formula backing their claim. This formula seemed plausible since there were some variables that did not have any Biblical backing. However, I almost gave into delving more on this claim when I read their premise - that while it is true that Jesus said that the day will come as 'thief in the night', every believer lives in the light and therefore can know and discern the times - with mathematical precision - an advantage we apparently have over those who live in darkness.

So I spoke with my mom about it, and God bless her, since she still stuck with the Word - that not even Jesus knows the day or the hour (Mark 13:32).

That pulled me back a step, because it got me thinking - if Jesus said even He didn't know, how could Harold Camping (the name of the guy who made the prediction) know?

Then I saw that he also made a claim that the world was going to end on September 1994, I think; but something still stuck, leaving me thinking 'What if he was right?'

Fast forward to yesterday, during yet another wonderful meeting of the Men of Good News - discussion regarding this topic was inevitable, especially as May 21 is just around the corner. The same premises were presented, but what one of our Nigerian brothers said just blew my socks off.

He reminded us of the fact that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were three in one, and one in three. They all share the same omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. As one is all powerful, so the rest are too. Now, if the Son says He does not know the date and hour, so does the Father.

God does what He says in His time. Brothers and Sisters, take note of this, and keep this in your heart before anything else: Judgment Day is the day God decides Judgment Day will be. Let me repeat that: JUDGMENT DAY IS THE DAY GOD DECIDES JUDGMENT DAY WILL BE. There are no specific dates, no specific hours!

My friends, I love you as God loves us all, and I wouldn't tell you what would harm you. I'm quoting at least one fellow blogger on this - that it MAY happen on May 21; on the other hand, it can happen June 21, or May 21, 2012. It can even happen an hour from now, or tomorrow!

My friends, let us just be READY. It's not a question about when it would happen, but if we are ready for the Rapture. We do not have the privilege of knowing the specific date, but the Bible says that wars, earthquakes, and famine are signs that the end is near. There are many people claiming to be the Christ; that's another sign (Matthew 24 has all this). All these things are happening, and let me tell you, we definitely would not want to be caught slacking off when the Lord calls His people home. I'm not even going to debate on if it would happen. My friends, it will happen whether you like it or not.

The Bible does NOT guarantee the Rapture will happen on May 21. The Word, indeed Jesus, the Word made flesh, calls us to be READY (Matthew 25:13)! Come back to the Lord, not tomorrow, not later, but NOW.

It is not by works; doing good isn't what gets you to heaven. (Acts 4:12)Jesus Christ is the only Name by which we are saved from hell ! You can never be too good or too bad;Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior; (Acts 2:21) call out His Name, and you will be saved!

Posted in http://jibee.blogspot.com/. You are blessed by God!