Refresh



Oh, praise the Lord, for His great love! Praise the Lord, for His great love is known in our hearts and seen with our eyes. Though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we shall definitely fear no evil. For our Lord, our Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ is with us, and He will never leave nor forsake us. He protects us and guides us, and we find comfort in His rod, and His staff. 

He is the absolute authority, He is sovereign. 

This may be the Christmas season, when many people ought to be jubilant, but I see many reasons for people to fret despite all that is going on. Sickness and poverty can easily steal our joy. Death comes even in the happiest of moments. Plans and machines can fail, routines and traditions broken, procedures lose their power. I realize now that there is no set season for these things to happen - they just happen. 

But are we to lose heart? Are we to allow our souls to stay downcast? No, my soul, put your hope in God! Indeed, the troubles of the present are of absolutely no compare to the greater glory of Christ, our Lord. Heaven and earth and all its pleasures and failures will all pass away, but the words of Christ will never fade... and Christ has declared, He has overcome the world! 

We ought to keep on preaching ourselves this Gospel of Jesus Christ. In moments when we are high from success or sunken from failure, it makes no difference - Christ is still sovereign, He is still the King of Kings. We can respond with our own strength - indeed, we have this gifts for them to be used - but I strongly believe that there is never any time wasted as we wait on the Lord first and foremost. Strength will rise as we wait on the Lord. Our youth will be renewed - we will be made strong and sharp - as we wait on the Lord. 




So that's what I'm doing now. Yes, I have a lot on my plate. But I thank our Abba Father, for I know He is with me, and He is always watching over me, and all that concerns me. I am thankful - I cast all my cares upon Him, because He cares, yes He cares for me. 

Never really thought I'd say this because I limited any knowledge I had about God, because I believed it was based on my own relationship with my earthly father. But I just have to thank our Savior, Jesus Christ, for I believe part of the salvation I have in Him is clarity and deeper understanding as to how I am loved by our Father. These sorts of revelations cannot come through earthly wisdom, but by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

I don't think it was an accident that one of the songs that was playing in the house a couple hours ago was 'God Is Good, All The Time' by Don Moen. Bless that man, because what He says is true, no matter how people contest it. If people just believed this, and if people just kept reminding themselves of this, then we wouldn't have half the issues we had with each other today. 

I know God is good, and I know this because of Christ. Everything about Christ represents the timeless, eternal, everlasting, unfailing, unrelenting love of our Father for each and every one of us. There is nothing else to think about, nothing else to figure out - Just, Jesus. 

Jesus. I call out His name, and I know He hears me, and I know all is saved. 

Jesus. 

There is power in the name of Jesus. 

I tell my soul now - believe! If it persists that it believes, then believe even more! God is good, all the time - even when we don't see it or feel it, He is good, all the time! The benefits of Christ's finished work are eternal, and they are absolute, even in times when the world fails! 

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!




_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26