This Is Personal

"My joy is boundless! My soul knows its worth!" - Hillsong, 'Up In Arms'

Jesus Christ is the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Jesus Christ, my Strength, my Shield, my Strong Tower - HE is my Good Shepherd, who lay down His life for me. He gave everything up for me to have everything with Him. He rose again victorious, and now I have life, and life abundant. 

When I am hungry, Christ is faithful to make me lie down, fully satisfied in green pastures. When I am thirsty, Christ is faithful to lead me into still waters to drink peacefully, while He stands watch. When I am lost, and when I see insurmountable obstacles before me, Christ is the one who is ahead of me. For the glory of His wonderful name, He is more than able and absolutely willing to lead me to the most efficient and effective paths of righteousness. When I stumble, when I fall, when I make a mistake, when I hurt or am hurt, Christ is faithful to raise me up. He restores me to the deepest core, healing from the inside out, reminding me of the life I have in Him. 

Though I walk through dangerous pathways, where painful and imminent death lurks in the shadows, I shall not fear! For Christ is with me! I am comforted in His strength, power, and authority, seen in the staff He wields against any threat.

David continues the Psalm by saying that the Good Shepherd prepares a feast before me in the presence of my enemies. He anoints my head with oil, and my cup overflows. By this He shows how I am greatly blessed, highly favored, and deeply loved! Indeed, His goodness and His mercy is with me wherever I go, and wherever I go, I am in His wonderful presence. 

This is Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd who is with me wherever I go. He shows me everything I need to know about myself in Him.



_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26