From Rot To Salt

Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him into the will of his enemies. The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou will make all his bed in his sickness.
- Psalm 41:1-3

"You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet."
- Matthew 5:13 

The old has passed away. Behold, all things have become new. 

In sin I was dead. I was a corpse, incapable of anything, much less anything good. Much less anything close to being worthy of salvation and abundance.

But glory to God, for by His grace, Christ raised me from the dead, and I am a new creation in Him!

I am not merely changed. I am a whole new creation, where no trace of the sin or the inclination to sin is present!

Christ didn't take me as a corpse and spruce me up. He didn't dress me and pack me with salt to smell good - I'd still be a corpse! No, He exchanged His own whole and complete life - which basked in all the benefits of a loving relationship with our Father - He exchanged His own life for our sin, our sickness, our poverty, our death, our decay!

In Christ, we are not just sprinkled with salt, we are salt! We add flavor to this fallen world, teaching as we were taught, healing as we were healed, forgiving as we are forgiven, loved, as we were so deeply loved! 

Blessed be the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come! Halleluyah!

"By this I know that You delight in me: my enemy will not shout in triumph over me. But You have upheld me because of my integrity, and set me in Your presence forever. 

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting! Amen and amen!"
- Psalm 41:11-13

_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26