Breaking Through

"Why do you go out and test yourself? Because you can. Why do you climb mountains? Because it's there. If you have to ask that question, you will never understand the answer in the first place."

- Willi Prettie, Ultimate Survival Alaska

This quote came into mind this evening after recent events and discussions. Here's what I posted yesterday on Facebook:

"They said this year would usher in a greater revelation of God's love. We're just over one month into 2014, and man... So much has been happening that I simply cannot sit still and stay quiet about how God has just been so good, so faithful! 

By God's absolute and everlasting love, and by His amazing grace, things are just being brought into another level, a higher level! This IS the season for breakthroughs - for our church, for our families, for our relationships, for our endeavors! 

I believe it, I receive it, I declare it, in the name of the only One who saves, in the name of Jesus Christ... Amen! To God be all the glory!"

Accompanying this status update was a lyric video of Israel Houghton's song, "Another Breakthrough." 

By God's amazing grace, we have scaled mountains we thought we would never even set foot on. By God's amazing grace, I believe we have mountains that we are climbing right now, waiting to be conquered. 

I'm learning that we don't call the shots in saying when we are able to climb taller, more challenging peaks. By God's amazing grace, we have gone through trial after trial, and with the cue to step up to another level are challenges which are also in another level.

I hope you're getting what I am saying. I'm practicing how to be more direct and straight to the point, but if you're still having a hard time understanding, I understand. I'm trying my best. Please be patient with me. 

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that when you see greater trials on the horizon, or if you're suddenly struck by a storm coming out of nowhere, take heart and praise God! As Christ has been with us in the past, He is, and will always be with us! 

As the song goes, He is king over the flood... Let us be still, and know He is God. He is faithful and true. He is our Rock, our Strong Tower. He is our Prince of Peace, He is our Saving Grace, our Safe Refuge. 

To God be the glory. 


_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26