On Dependence On God (In Transition Jan-Feb II)

So today I've been thinking about God's laws as stated in Exodus and Leviticus. I haven't read through the Numbers and Deuteronomy just yet, but in the face of everything that I've read so far, I just thought to myself, it never fails. Every time I go through these books of the Bible the urge to feel just a tinge intimidated always pops up.

Thinking over it in the light of everything I've learned since the last time I read through these books, I just have to express how our God is just so absolutely holy - perfection is necessary to come into His presence. The law shows how holy and how perfect our God is, and consequently, it shows us how sinful and imperfect we are. It is just so fortunate that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law and His grace is now the driving power in our lives, the reason why we strive to do God's will with every second we have in this world.

My friends, I thought of so many things to say after that last sentence, but I believe right now that I should just go straight to a verse that just refreshed me this morning.

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." - Psalm 28:7

God's Word is truly a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We may be going through some tough times, but I just want to remind you, dear reader, to keep trusting in the Lord, and sure enough, He will help you... to the point that you would just have to praise Him.

God bless you.



_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26