A Checkpoint, A Quick Testimony


031813

The God we serve, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel, the one true God above all gods... He has been faithful to us as a people, and He is true to His word in being faithful to me - Past, present, and future. 

For when I was young, I was kept healthy and alive by His mercy and grace. I was blessed to be in a good family, with good parents and brothers to watch over me. 

Right now, however, I see His faithfulness, even when I was faithless. I questioned His existence for my own glorification. I questioned my own existence in an indirect ignorance to His word. I sought after the pleasures of this world - I subjected myself to the passions of the flesh, in all forms I was exposed to... And even in times that I suffered the consequences of my actions, I still thought these wide roads were the best routes to take. 

It came to a point when I knew I was living in the filth of my sin, and I enjoyed it. Passions overtook my whole being, and everything else that was there to lead me back to Christ - well, I'm sure whoever prayed for me back then suffered to see me destroy myself. 

But now - well, it isn't about me. It's about God, who loved me in spite of my sin. He loved me so much that He gave up His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, that if I believed in Him, I would not perish, but I would have eternal life. He has set me free from any obligation to the sin I was shackled to, to live the life He intended for me to live. 

There is no other power that drives me now besides the grace of God, made known to me by the blood of Jesus Christ. It is this grace that causes me to be gracious. It is His love that causes me to love - and have I loved. I am capable of loving Paola Bonifacio only because of the love that Christ gave to me, unconditionally. It is His forgiveness that causes me to forgive - seventy times seven. It is His mercy that causes to be merciful.

God has been faithful to me. And thanks to the blood of Jesus Christ, I am able to be faithful as well. 

Thank You, Lord, for loving us. 



_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26