Divine Direction (In Transition Jan-Feb I)

So earlier this year I had a daily schedule set up for me to follow. As this month of January comes to an end, I couldn't say that I've been following it to the letter. It is quite unfortunate; however, it goes to show how I should really follow my mom's advice to 'be flexible'.

Never really understood where being flexible and being prepared with a plan met. I thought those two were like oil and water but apparently they meet and mix... somehow. I intend to find out how exactly.

Till then, I find peace in the fact that God is with me and I abide in His presence because Jesus Christ saved me. The triumphs I have are demonstrations of His grace in my life, demonstrations of His glory manifesting - that more and more people would come to the knowledge of salvation through Jesus Christ. The failures I experience are also demonstrations of His grace, in the sense that things could be worse, and God causes all things to happen for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Since last year we did something special during the last 3 days of every month, up until the first 4 days of the following month. We would pray and fast as a church on specific points, guided by certain verses and other words of edifying. It was the same case for the last 3 days of this January, and I'd like to share that the Word shared yesterday.

Part of the message was was related to how we did things; that we were going to fold up some of the old ways, as a tent is folded when campers move to another location. Indeed, there have been some changes that were implemented, and I believe there will be more changes to our personal and collective routines - in our family, our household, our relationships, our church.

We were in a prayer meeting last night, and a sister of ours shared - rather, reiterated - that memorization of the Bible was not just helpful, but absolutely necessary in our time and day. Indeed, the Word of God does not return to Him void, as mentioned in Isaiah 55:11. I am believing that the Lord would continue to show us new ways, more excellent ways, and He would show them to the detail, just as He showed Moses the exact details of the construction of the tabernacle in the wilderness in the book of Exodus (more on this later).

Let us keep on learning more about our first love, the Lord, and let us keep an open ear to His instructions. We need Him more, especially in these times.


_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26