Sample 59 - Comfort


My uncle who I got the 'J' in my 'JB' from is gone. I opened up to my mom about his passing, and I was plenty honest when I said that I was more affected by his passing more than my own father's - and I meant that in the sense that I knew where my father is right now, but I don't know where my uncle is.

I base that last sentence on what Romans 10:9 says. I know my dad confessed with his mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, and I am certain that he believed that God raised him from the dead. I couldn't say the same thing about my uncle, but on the other hand, I haven't exactly been hanging out with him as much as I did with my own dad.

I take this all as a lesson for myself and for my family - that we are able to do so much more to reach out to our own blood regarding the knowledge of salvation that comes only through Jesus Christ. We can actually reach out to them in their own afflictions, iniquities, sharing that we have our struggles as well, but it all works out and results in us feeling peace beyond all understanding simply because we have Jesus Christ in our lives.

"Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." - Galatians 6:2

Lord, I pray we continue to serve You at the highest capacity. Let Your Will be done. In Jesus Christ's Name, amen.

I miss you, Uncle Joe.
 

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26