Sample 25 - 'Watering Hole', Baguio 082012


I missed shooting lately so I've been using what's probably the latest piece of camera gear I got - The Toyota Revo - to go around to places around the city to shoot some updated 'scapes. I just had to stop in this particular area. It's funny because it was the view to the right of the off-yellow and black barrier that initially prompted me to park in this spot, but when  I saw how plain the shots I took looked, I decided to turn around, and lo and behold - a scene different yet shootable in my book was waiting to be captured. 

Well, I said it was shootable but not necessarily something I would really, really sell. When I think about it I wouldn't actually know what to 'sell' and what to 'keep'. I guess that's another reason why I got this blog going again. Anyway, here's an alternate view - a crop of the above shot placing the focus on the drivers taking advantage of free-flowing rain water to wash their cars.  





 
Which shot looks better? You tell me.

Okay. I just remembered that I've begun opening the raw version of these shots and editing from there. I couldn't say there was anything that could have been done on a NEF here that couldn't have been done on its JPEG equivalent. But I'm just saying. Perhaps I've begun doing this to tell myself that there's more fun in raw besides making them HDRs.

God bless you.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26