No Kung Fu Involved

Note to myself: Do not live in the past. 

That's what I got for today, this wonderful early morning in particular. Sure, I've had some fine memories, but try as I could to recreate them, I always would end up disappointed. We could produce duplicates - but do perfect copies of anything even exist? 

That's a thought. Twins may look the same but they have different lives. No two snowflakes that are exactly the same - my point here is, if even in that level it is impossible to perfectly duplicate anything, why should we bother with recreating an experience we've had before?

There are lessons to learn from the past, but I think we should leave the pain - and the pleasure - and move forward in peace. There's no sense in getting too emotional over something that already happened. 

"You can't feel that because you're a robot, Michael!"
- Gob Bluth to Michael Bluth in Arrested Development

I'm not saying we should be robots. I say (to myself) again, there are lessons to learn from the past. Any emotions associated to the past should be let go. We must be at peace. We must act on today based on the lessons of yesterday, for the future. 

Note to myself: Be at peace. 

Note to myself from my mom yesterday: Don't act on your emotions. 

Note to myself reiterated: Be at peace.

Yes, we must be at peace. But can we really find 'inner peace' like a familiar animated panda was able to find? Sin is intertwined in our flesh and we will always have conflict while we are walking in this world. No, the only peace we can find - the only peace that matters comes from the source - the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. 

Not only did He die for our salvation, but just as He was raised, so those of us who believe have been raised as new creations, no longer obligated to the flesh, no longer obligated to the sin. We have been raised up as new creations, born again by the power of the Holy Spirit, able to recognize the conflict (as we are still in this world), but given the opportunity to go straight into the arms of the Creator of the Universe who has definite and absolute sovereignty over all.

I have had a lot of struggles and heartaches in my past, and oftentimes I have asked myself and God why it all had to happen. I remember writing somewhere that there's that pain associated to a bad memory that just goads a man to do whatever it takes to get it out of his system.

All that is gone now, simply because I have accepted that I am a sinner, and I have accepted Christ in my life. I made mistakes, and I still make mistakes, but I am at peace, because according to the Word, God makes all things work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I love Him and I know He loves me, and I just cannot stop thanking Jesus Christ for making it possible! 

It is said in God's Word that it is not in His Will for anyone to perish - He does not want anyone to suffer the judgment meant for satan and his angels. The Lord is calling out to one and all, saying, "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." - Jeremiah 31:3

God wants us all to come to Him, and it is only through Jesus Christ that we can dwell in His presence. He knows you by name, He knows everything there is to know about you - from your greatest victories down to the most shameless things you have done alone. He completely understands what we feel more than anyone (or anything) we turn to. And He loved, and still loves you with an everlasting love.  

 Make the decision to accept Jesus Christ today. He is the only source of peace, for our past, our present, and surely for our future. 



Press on, press on for the Lord, my heart cries...



Shared in http://jibee.blogspot.com/. יהוה bless you!