Sample 20 - A Delicate Farewell, Set 1 (Chula Vista '11)










I'm probably going to state this more than once in this blog: I love fog and mist, and I definitely love shooting in fog. I remember writing somewhere that one thing wonderful about flying is that you're above the clouds for once instead of being under them. Fog gives us a chance to walk among clouds as well. 

As I walk through the mist I notice a distinct smell which reminds me of better days and better places - I wouldn't be able to actually smell pure fog in busier areas. It makes you really recognize that you're in cold yet peaceful weather. I suppose that's what I like about it - there is a certain solitude, a certain peace to be felt in this weather.

I rarely see fog whenever I'm with my brother's family in sunny Chula Vista. And as if that didn't excite me enough, it showed up on - of all times - the last evening of the year 2011. Now that I think of it, the perfect way to end the year, and the perfect way to start a new one was in solitude. A beautiful message for me personally, considering how prone I used to be to match my attitude with whatever pressure comes my way. 

There is power in peace. And the only peace that can be found comes from the Prince of Peace - Jesus Christ. 

Now you may be thinking, 'did you have to throw in Jesus to the article?' 

Absolutely. As He is my foundation, no matter how I am pushed or prodded, I will not be shaken. That's another thing beautiful about being in fog. Though you may not be able to see too far off - though what is ahead may be uncertain, the solitude to be felt reminds us of that fact that He will never leave nor forsake us. 

Think about it. God bless you.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26