Before Anything Else

Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to gain the approval of people, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ!"

It is very dangerous for us to be motivated to do things to gain approval in the sight of men, regardless of how virtuous our approaches seem. As believers, we should always remember that in all things we do, we should seek the Lord.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit your works to the LORD, and your plans will be established.

We honor the Lord by involving Him in all that we do - by placing Him first we are saying that His authority goes before anything else. Even if an action feels so right, even if it seems so correct logically, if it hasn't been raised up to the Lord, it could very well be a big mistake to push through with it.

Remember Evander Holyfield? He always quoted Philippians 4:13. Since then a good number of us have taken that verse to heart, but I guess this serves as a reminder that we should not stop with "I can do all things"; we should remember that we have success in all that we do ONLY "through Christ who strengthens us"! If we acknowledge that we do what we do through Christ, then we involve The Creator of the Universe; whatever happens, He will be in control, and all His promises in His Word can be claimed!

I'm on a roll. To God be all the glory and praise!