A Rare Commodity

Rest is a weapon, according to Jason Bourne. I'm pretty sure that he would agree with me that too much rest could be dangerous, even fatal in his line of work. Anyway, it's one of those rare occasions where I'm not particularly bothered that I slept when it was dark, and woke up when it was dark. The difference of having to work the next day or not is pretty valuable in my book.

So what do I do with all this time, I ask myself... Giving it to God was one of the first things to come to mind. This means prayer and reading His Word. As I was doing this, I kind of figured something out: God gave me everything that I have, and this was one thing I definitely acknowledge when I receive my paycheck. I have been giving my tithes, and God has been good to bless me according to the heart that accompanies the offering. I thought to myself, in the light of the fact that I have some extra time in a day, shouldn't I also give 10% of my time to the Lord as well?

I thank God for His Word, and the wisdom we gain from it... May we all come to the realization that we are to be dependent on it, for things big and small.

God bless us all.