Soul Cleansing

The shower room in our... ritzy, deluxe flat... in Metrodorm is not exactly even in flooring, causing water to accumulate in a pool of sorts in one corner every time we take a bath. Over time, the filth accumulates and contributes to staining the bathroom floor, and it seems to grow with every few showers taken.


What I used to do was to use the sponge mop that my roommates bought to try cleaning that area, to no avail. I tried whenever I had the time, and I ended up disappointed with every attempt I made. It seemed as if the sponge was one with the scum.


There was one time I was just looking at the stain, and there were distinct marks made by unfortunate feet that stepped on the dirt for one reason or another. Something stronger or ultimately more effective compared to a sponge mop really had to be used to clean up that mess. That's when I remembered that there was a wire brush lying in the area behind the seat part of our toilet. When I tried that out, I was able to bring that corner of the shower room back to its clean, white, tiley glory in no time.


If you want something cleaned out, sometimes more abrasive materials are needed.


I've been a very irritable mess for the past few weeks, focusing only on myself, and I have to confess that I haven't really spent time with God, much less making Him the absolute center of all I do for some time. I found myself thinking of myself more, therefore being more prone to anger, selfishness, insecurity and bitterness. I tried balancing things out, setting time for God, time for Pao, and time for myself. I tried all sorts of solutions to try to get things together, and I thought I had things handled, but for some reason or another, things would go wrong.


Then it happened - I lost my temper, and even Pao was affected - no, not just 'affected', but hurt a great deal due to my selfishness, my pride, my total loss of self control.


A wise man once said to a congregation, if you mismanage something God has blessed you with, you just might lose it. I mismanaged a relationship God has blessed me with, and man, did I almost lose it...


...But now that I think of it, I believe that was one of the many times I needed a wire brush to clear me out of the stains in the shower room I call my heart. I tried to take control. I tried to save my relationship through my own falliable strength and flawed wisdom, and ultimately my own self-serving efforts, and I almost, ALMOST lost something so precious to me.


"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it."

- Luke 9:24

Lord, I lose my life for Your sake.
Lord, I lose my endeavors and thoughts for Your sake.
Lord, I lose my job for Your sake.
Lord, I lose my relationship for Your sake.
I surrender all, for I am nothing, NOTHING without You.
You have plans to prosper me, and not to harm me.

Continue to have a blessed week.