A Friendly Reminder

Our eyes may be windows to our souls.


On the other hand, our mouths are the exhaust pipes of our hearts.


I cannot get over that group I spoke about in my previous post. One argument I saw which seems to support the filthy ideal that these misguided men and women are spreading is that 'We are entitled to our own opinion'.


That is definitely true, but I would like to take this time to remind everyone that the freedom of speech that we have comes with a moral responsibility. In other words, we may be free to say whatever we want, be we have to remember that if we abuse this, we can do a great amount of damage and pain that cannot be undone. This point simply cannot be reiterated, considering how pieces like this are greatly weighed down by the overwhelming amount of hate that goes around nowadays.


The Bible says that 'out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks' (Matthew 12:34). Pastor Miles McPherson couldn't have said it better: If we say one curse word, that means that it's overflowing out of a heart full or cursing or familiar feelings. If these people say words that curse a God that loves them, well, I wouldn't be surprised to see what is in their hearts. I pray that the Lord would provide them with immediate enlightenment and revelation to absolute Truth.


To 'piggyback' on that, every 'I love you' we say has some standing based on what's in our hearts.


"Anyone can say I love you and get away with it."


Sure, but I can definitely tell you that people feel when you mean those sorts of words or not. And you may get away with it, but trust me, we will, sooner or later, be held accountable for every word that we say, be it recklessly poured out of our mouths without forethought, or carefully contemplated on. God knows all, sees all, and hears all.


"I don't believe in God."


You don't have to. God exists regardless of what you think.


"Prove it."


Our lives as Christians are our ultimate testimonies to the God we believe in.


"...and they have conquered him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony..."

- Revelation 12:11


May the Lord continue to bless us all. May we continue to fight the good fight for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.