Finish Line?

(Victory Line, Part II)


It's happening again. I'm here at work, with close to nothing to do, and with an empty slate - rather, a wide expanse of Notepad that should have words in it.


I keep saying that if so much thoughts are going through your head it is quite difficult to stay with one to focus and write about. One way of actually getting out the gist of what you want to say is simply by starting to type what you feel, until the most significant thought comes out. This seemed flawed against a suggestion presented by the Bible - "Seek first the kingdom of God", it says. I suppose I can try doing that right now.


I cannot deny that my relationship with God has grown significantly stronger this year compared to any other time. With all that's been going on, I have observed developments that could only have materialized by the decision of a divine authority, THE divine authority. He is truly a Prince of Peace to those who seek Him, and if I have not stressed it enough in any of my previous blogs, I say it to you now - there is no other way to have peace in this crazy, hell bound world without accepting Jesus as your savior.


This blog series I'm coming up with is a testimony behind what I tell you. I was abandoned, but God never let go of me, and He has demonstrated His unfailing grace time and time again, regardless of how irresponsible I was during the times when it hurt the most. He has taught me to seek Him before anything else when the pain came, and what I learned culminated to me talking to my Pastor about it one time.


As I mentioned on my previous article, I was given a blessing to basically make one last-ditch effort to tell Michel everything I needed to tell her. I understood that if she did not reply after that, I was to walk away, forever. At the time this was something I was too helpless to care about anymore. I wanted to go through it, but circumstance led me to prioritizing other things at the time - packing for the States, for instance.


When I finally made it to the other side of the Pacific, I sent a message to Michel, on one of the first nights since my arrival. I had it all prepared ever since my bus trip to Manila, but circumstances led me to sending it just now. Let me bring this verse which I quoted in this blog back up to your mind:


'This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you...'

- Titus 1:5


I went ahead and communicated that I put what I thought remained into order.


Though I knew I had nothing to lose, I still cringed as I attempted to log into Multiply, as this was one of those rare moments when seeing nothing was worse than seeing something. As this kept going on, it dawned on me that I would be deceiving myself by enjoying myself during the day, only to leave something unsettled and unopened before I slept.


Prayer does wonders in calming a person down just before a revelation. And for once, just ONCE, in this whole ordeal, my emotions shifted from hopeless to excited instead of vice versa, when I finally saw a reply from her. Our first conversations were just wonderful in the sense that we brought everything out on the table, and the healing began instantaneously...


Revelations have been fulfilled. The verses which were revealed to my during this whole length of time suddenly came into light, this one most above all:


"Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country"

- Proverbs 25:25



This is what I was elaborating on in this blog: Revelation for Dessert


My soul was quenched, indeed.


Little did I know that God had more in store for my soul.


**To be continued... God bless you.**