A Declaration

Let those guided by God read on.

For the longest time I have been tormented by guilt, confusion, and frustration towards the incidents surrounding the disappearance of one woman, whose value I realized only after she walked away. It has been months. Let the world know that though I have never seen this young lady face to face, I have known enough about her that deems her special in my eyes.

Through the meaningful discussion I have had with some of my closest friends last night, it has been determined that I have a soft spot for women who seem to need help. Boy, did this girl need my help, in my opinion.

Her father passed away at an early age. She has not finished her studies simply because she lacked the resources, and her course of action was to compromise her safety and health by braving the streets of the treacherous capital of the Philippines more than a woman with a right to education would. She compromised her safety and health by braving the streets of the treacherous capital of the Philippines more than a lady who needed to earn money through any moral means necessary would. She worked and studied at the same time, to support her mother and younger sister (who had some of her own unique circumstances).

Around an hour ago God gave me enlightenment through His Word.

If you put Proverbs 22:22-23 and 22:15 together, you have the following statement: "Do not rob the poor and sick! For the Lord is their defender. If you injure them He will punish you. A youngster's heart is full of rebellion, but punishment will drive it out of Him."

I'm sure I came upon the first mentioned verse once in the past, and obviously I ignored it. As I look back on how I treated her, I could not say that my compassion leveled up to the level of emotion I hoped to rouse in you through the words of the paragraph explaining my current understanding of her situation. I was selfish. I took her for granted. She looked for me countless times in the past and I kept silent. I was insensitive to her. There have been many times that I hurt her, and there have been even more times that I have denied her of attention, hurting her even more.

In other words, I injured her too many times with a heart full of rebellion i.e. selfishness and levity towards the Lord's commandments. I have been punished in the last way I would have expected.

Months have passed, and these words that have come into my mind right now would never have made their way through any sooner. Hebrews 12:6 & 11 states, "when He punishes you, it proves that He loves you. When He whips you it proves that you are really His child... It hurts! But afterwards we can see the result: a quiet growth in grace and character."

The Holy Spirit, my Comforter, has given me this Word, effectively becoming my blessed assurance. God punished me because He loves me, as a father would rebuke his child to make him a better son.

I still think about her. I still pray for Michel. I have my plans for her, but it's really up to God. I can step boldly into the future more now than ever. She is in God's hands, like the many other circumstances in my life that I have absolutely no control over. I may not know what happens in the days to come, but I am assured that God is taking care of me every step of the way. I thank God for this revelation, and I believe that it won't stop there.

My goal in typing this article right now is to declare this. I think you reached this far for a reason as well. Are you in a relationship? Take care not to take the one you love for granted. Put God in the center of your relationship.

I leave you right now with a verse to think about.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5

God bless you all this week.