Foundation

It's been a while since I wrote. Really wrote.

We've heard so much about change in countless songs, conversations, and even here in my own pieces. As mentioned earlier, Incognito says, 'Bring on the change'. Tupac says he sees no changes. Roland Orzabal (that genius who just might be 'Tears' of 'Tears for Fears') says you can change.

Change is a driver for conversation. It's said to be the one of the few things that are constant in this world, together with death and taxes. One tiny change can have a great effect on the planet. On the other hand, the whole planet would have to move for some tiny changes in particular.

One thing that I find quite hilarious, however, is my own attitude towards change. Here's an example: If you'll notice, I'm in quite a mood to churn out an article from the deep reccesses of my mind, and one change contributed greatly to this decision. Normally I have a 9pm-6am schedule over at that Boot Camp they call SiTel. However, lack of resources in our department led my direct supervisor to assign me to another task, which meant that I have an 8pm-5am schedule.

Now that seemed all fine and dandy until she gave me the big whammy - I'm to report for work on Saturday night (for some reason I defined it as 'The loneliest night of the week' in front of her), and I'm taking tonight off. I took it. My deepest regret was I let out this unearthly groan as I walked back to my station, which caught her attention. This led to an awkward 10 second exchange of I'm-Sorry-I-picked-you-to-do-this and No-really-it's-okay-i-really-didn't-mean-to-do-that statements.

I'm thinking about this in the light of the many changes that I think should happen. Somehow we never get the changes we have in mind, and we bitch about the changes that come our way. At least I do. A bulk of my prayers compose of asking for God's intervention - God's intervention to change things in my life.

So here I am thinking, Brent, you want change, but when change comes, you don't want it.

I find myself talking about change again. However, I guess this would be supplementary to what I've already written down about faith and change. Simply put, you can be more comfortable about whatever changes come your way, as long as you stand firm, faithful that God is in the driver's seat.

I'm not saying that we should be careful for what change we ask for, but we should develop a faith so strong that we can stand on it regardless of what sort of change comes.

Case in point: Recently a change rocked a good group of friends I have. I refuse to elaborate, but I believe that without faith in God's grace we would have been at each other's necks. God will be the center of our lives, or else. I just felt I'd say that.

So whatever happens, you actually don't need to fret over reasons behind events. Move forward and declare that God is in control. Believe it. You'll need faith to get faith. (Read and think about Romans 10 verses 9, 10, and 13)

Really, it isn't that hard. Take a guy named David who won countless battles and ruled a nation. You'd think he was in control. He wasn't. If you read about his life (1 Samuel 16 - 1 Kings 2), you'll see that there were so many changes that were potentially devastating to him and all he had. Yet through it all he still had the faith to write a Psalm, topped off with a beautiful verse:

"I will praise the Lord no matter what happens. I will constantly speak of His glories and grace." - Psalm 34:1

It's been a while since I believed. Really believed.

Try it yourself. You'll be doing yourself a favor. Think of the stress lifted off of you when you think about the creator of the universe being in control of each and every aspect of your life.

I pray that you all have an advanced Happy Valentines Day. Thanks for reading. God bless you all.