Ambush

For some reason, Valentines' Day was never as pleasant as it was to other people I knew. In my opinion, that day began as my shift ended. A few good friends know that I tend to beat myself up a lot when it comes to doing things that I do during situations which happen out of nowhere. That happened as I walked out of the office. On my way to the gym, I was treated to see my unicorn - my unattainable creature. In this case it came in the form of a scene, a picture-perfect landscape, which I would have thoroughly appreciated, only I didn't have my camera.

I poured my frustrations out on every step on the treadmill, every curl and press that I did, and when it was all over, I felt a little bit better. As I walked back to the locker room to clean up, I was surprised to see a particular friend I was not in good terms with. Things were revealed and brought into the open, delaying my trip home by around half an hour.

Fast forward to Valentines' night. As I jumped into the taxi to take me to work last night, I felt an unexpected and unimaginable sense of peace and happiness come over me. It was like it came from God Himself, and it gave me so much energy to endure the tasks of the day that transpired.

While this was all happening, I had this particular picture in my head which I wanted to draw in words.

________

The blowing of the wind reveals a sense of turbulent confusion. Every few seconds or so a gust makes a sound close to a wail, as if all the powers that be have devoted time to ensure that the wind's presence was known. Or, it could just be that this air is strongly coursing through every nook and cranny, every crevice and crack. It blows against fallen doors and gateways, causing hinges to creak. The wind reigns above as it fills each space with rushing gusts, creating whistles and groans, but otherwise adding to the undefined silence.

Dust is blown around, crashing into the stones and rocks which used to play their part as a wall, a fortress. There is only rubble now, where there once was a whole mass of mighty structures that housed all sorts of iniquities against the light. Silence now reigned in this great area of land where noise from hatred, lust, anger, and pride caused so much confusion. It is cut off only by the wind as it contributes to the further decay observed in this scene.

Two days before, these structures was still up, its presence apparent and signficant over the land it surveys, creating damage and despair. It all changed in a glorious instant. It was as if all of these castles had been knocked down ever so suddenly by a force so powerful, so unimaginable. The defenses were caught unaware, as the sentries fell before they realized they had been struck.

Nothing survived. Everything was ruined. And again, all that remained was the wind, singing its own songs of victory over the ruins of countless castles which have reigned for more than 20 years in a land which did not know better.

Now, the wind has died. And in the middle of all the destruction and death, a tiny mustard seed began to sprout.

_______

I have found great victory through Him, on the last hours of a day many people have reserved for themselves. I pray that you all would find victory, and that you would continue to find it when the enemy shows its ugly head.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6 (New International Version)

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.


Valentine's Day is over. Let love reign.

God be with you and all of your concerns. I don't know if I made any sense here, but I have a good majority of what I want to say packed into this article. Please send me a message, I'd like to talk about it more if you want me to.