The Silence Was Deafening

There are things that I assume cannot be taken with my camera. Take a few hours back, for instance. I made the foolish decision of trying to get an hour of sleep before getting ready for work. Not only was I late for work by a third of an hour (which I pray to God is not noticed), I also had a dream which really stood out.


I've learned far before my (few) days of taking photos that there must be some sort of record of a memorable scene or event which happens in one's life. It must be done in whatever way possible before it is forgotten. This is one of those times. This is my 'shot'.


--

The light that you usually see emanating from the horizon at night has this sort of life to it. However, as I looked at the glow during this particular time, it lacked something. While I pondered on this scene, my attention was brought to the fact that I was in a Kia Pride taxi, and before I knew it, we were rolling down Session Road.


Light poured out from every window from every building, joining the street lights in illuminating what would be such a vivid scene. That, unfortunately, was the only life to observe. The only sounds came from the taxi's engine, a needle dropped into a sea of total silence.


There were no DVD vendors on the streets. There were no roaming policemen. There were no couples smiling as they walked ever so slowly. There were no drunken minors staggering to get a ride. In fact, there were no cars parked. Nobody was there as the wind had free reign to contribute to the whole eerie scene. The engine stopped. The sound of balete leaves rustling as the wind blew diffused our confusion and amplified what fear we had.


--

There was actually another scene after this one, which I cannot bring myself to describe, simply because memory fails me. Try to imagine the fear to be felt when being hunted down while being part of a sick cat and mouse game.

--

I am thankful that God gave us reasons to exist. I am thankful that the events surrounding our existence have their reasons. This dream made me thankful for people, regardless of how nice or how fucked up in the head they are.


How I wish my photos could reach this depth.


God bless you all this week.