Bringing Out The Big Guns

I've been thinking of the most recent posts I've had regarding war and how it relates to work, and I've seen a flaw.

Regardless of how high we think of ourselves, regardless of how long we claim to endure, we have to think that we can only go so far. This truth was made apparent yesterday when I heard word from our apparently deviated supervisor that we may all be jumping into the trenches both at a longer time, and at longer intervals and shorter rest days each time. The atmosphere in the room where the announcement was made was both still and volatile at the same time. Looks would have really killed if we stayed there any longer. That time was one where I was witness to a whole group of people whom I respected in one way or another, acting like time bombs, waiting for one person to speak up, waiting for a spark that never came. What ensued was a sense of frustration that nothing was said, nothing was accomplished, nothing had been put in place... simply because the meeting was cut abruptly.

I hate to admit that their disappointment was contagious, as I found myself suddenly feeling the urge to drink with them as soon as our shift ended. I recalled waking up to the thought that nothing was accomplished during that session. Now that I think of it, I was part of a group who was talking about things which would have had us drawn and quartered in the Middle Ages. I was part of a group who was seemingly desperate to run away from the problem at hand through temporary means.

God forgive my weakness. I was part of the fun, I was contributing to the deception.

If anyone asks me how work is, you probably have a better picture now. I realized I'm prone to saying 'It's OK' when asked outside, but I guess that's what anyone would say when they tend to keep the stress they get from work away from everything else they hold dear.

Anyway, my point is, we tried doing everything by ourselves. I did too, apparently, as my previous posts never mentioned anything about truly putting God into the picture. I came upon this verse a while back:

2 Chronicles 20:15 "..The Lord says, 'Don't be afraid! Don't be paralyzed by this mighty army! For the battle is not yours, but God's!'"

All I was talking about taking responsibility. Apparently, the General - no, the King of Kings can fight for us.

If any of you are in the same situation, I encourage you to run to Him. God bless.