You Will Never Stop Learning

After a meeting I found to be totally unproductive, I found myself typing the article below:

____________________



I am in total agreement to the root causes presented; however I think that we came up with solutions to attack these causes quite prematurely. These methods are truly a means to an end, but I do not see their results as direct desirable solutions.



Our presumption regarding our agents troubleshooting while avoiding the possibly arduous and risky task of educating the customer is quite accurate, but I think that PSAS has its flaws in the sense that the customer could call the agent’s bluff.



The unnamed 5-question approach, regardless of how elaborate it is presented, would probably leave our agents taking the test for granted in the long run.



My point is that there are significant risks to these designs that I fear will be put in place without being thought through to the last detail. That being said, I understand that we are looking for data which can be quantified, but is this requirement enough for us to disregard any other observations? If I look at the two strategies above, I’m thinking that it would probably just go to waste to devote time on them if the agent is simply sidetracked by more pressing priorities.



That being said, I think that these agents just do not understand the true effects of their actions. They’re focused on themselves, and they would not necessarily understand whatever we throw at them simply because they refuse to. The reasons behind this may be behind our control, but I would like to believe that what we do have control over can still have significant influence over the circumstance that we are trying to fix.



I’m sick and tired of seeing agents pressing on mute buttons and cursing their customers. I’m sick and tired of seeing agents taking that necessary life-shortening extra puff of smoke to psyche them up for the queue that they are supposed to face.
I’m sick and tired of seeing agents blindly blaming management or some other entity because of the aforementioned situation.



_____________________


After talking to a friend about the details above and more, here’s how I finished this article:


_____________________




We can complain all we want about something. The real question is still, “What are you going to do about it?”



I’m thankful to a colleague in guiding me into this realization. The main point of all this is that somewhere, there will always be someone to guide you through what you imagine as a tall order. A personal purpose must be defined.



Proverbs 18:24 JPS: There are friends that one hath to his own hurt; but there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.



____________________


It’s funny how we need to get stuff out of our head to put good stuff in.

____________________