The Conspiracy of Cheese

People who elaborate on the phrase 'less is more' are funny.

Nowadays it seems as if engaging in a group discussion does not necessarily entail that teamwork is being practiced. Contrary to what I've been telling a few friends through Yahoo! Messenger recently, I have not been in meetings; I've been in gatherings where people just wait for their turn to speak without listening while waiting. What irks me even more is that most of the time when it really is someone's turn to bring his or her point up, he or she would have the audacity to deviate from the main point, prioritizing his or her personal recognition by saying something cliche, already said, funny, or just plain stupid.

Then I realize that I'm one of those people that are awestruck by a hard-hitting phrase, comeback line, or quote, mainly in movies. Is it just me, or is everyone trying to throw in their own 'THIS.. IS.. SPARTA's or 'AUTOBOTS... TRANSFORM's in situations involving groups to siphon the same awe for themselves? '

Call me cynical, but that's what I've been noticing over at work for the past few days. The people I'm fortunate to be in a project with are the same people who just run their mouths to be recognized. They do have a point, only most of the time their points are in the lines of 'Listen to me because I'm ___________'. They didn't give a crap about what anyone else was saying, and they just wanted to spill whatever their selfish minds had at the next half-second of silence.

You would think that people would be a bit more receptive and a bit more attentive, considering that the project that they're in has the opportunity of making everyone's life at work a whole lot easier.

Let me leave you with a quote from Goodfellas.

"Everything was one-on-one. Paulie hated conferences. He didn't want anyone hearing what he said, and he didn't want anybody listening to what he was being told."

I feel like I just kicked myself in the ass again. I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense, but I'm sure you understand my frustration.