Love From Another Angle

*****Nothing to see here. Go to jblardizabal.com*****

Gary Vaynerchuk just posted on X: Become addicted to rejection. 
I've been struggling with accepting it, much less becoming addicted to it. 

I have been thinking, though - what about rejection has me so fixated on it? It's clear that I need to redirect focus, especially considering recently it's been taking a toll on my body. 
I feel it's for my sake and also the sake of the one who rejected me, the one I say I loved, for me to redirect focus. 

Accepting rejection is no longer fantasizing on what might have been, and no longer agonizing over what I could have done. It's redirecting focus on being thankful for what happened, and acknowledging God's sovereign, superior faithfulness through our bad actions and unfavorable reactions. It's not thinking positive, but putting our blood-bought faith on stage. 

Accepting rejection is no longer holding her accountable for my pleasure and satisfaction. It's redirecting focus on knowing that my peace and my stability is assured, sure as the God who knows all and sees all is with me, just as His full, intimate, complete presence is with her. 

I was going to write more, but I'm fixating towards loving her so much to know where I stand, and to keep praying for her well-being and my peace, whenever anything negative comes to mind. 

It's more like becoming addicted to redirection. 

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26