Scenes, Lessons And Carols 2014





Manong Kurt told me to help out in this year's Lessons and Carols by taking pictures of the event. It's during times like these when I miss focal lengths greater than 55mm. Nevertheless, the X-E2 did not disappoint. I'm thankful to the Lord for this camera and the opportunity to shoot this event. 

It definitely is something worth the wait, considering everything going on in and around my life right now. There are many reasons to complain, but unlike circumstances, God's promises always remain.

As flames passed from one candle to the other, I'm sure many were reflecting on Mrs. Daoey's words to pass the light of Christ on. Indeed, there is no other Light than Christ, no other Life than Christ. We just need to remind ourselves of this every day. 

On our way home, I remember that we were talking about jeepney drivers who don't give change. My mom said she would say 'God bless you' to those nicer drivers who give the exact change back to their passengers no matter how small it was. I felt like we should say 'God bless you more' to those drivers who don't give change back. 

In the light of that, I believe that we are able to shout out that we are blessed when we actually see that we are blessed. But during times of testing and trial and darkness, we ought to declare it even more! See, in Christ is Light, and this Light is the Life of men indeed... and in the darkness, I dare say that this light shines ever brighter!

Our trials may be as big as they get, but we have a Savior who is larger than life, greater than we could ever imagine! Believe it! 

I'd like to end this with that one marvelous final verse of 'We Three Kings', sung by the whole congregation: 

"Glorious now behold Him arise,
King and God and Sacrifice.
Alleluia, alleluia!
Sounds through the earth and skies."

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26