To My Younger Brothers And Sisters

It's come to a point where I couldn't keep it in. I don't know if or when you will read this but I want to make myself clear: When you joined our group, we were absolutely concerned about your condition and we wanted to help you by reminding you of who Christ is, and who you are in Christ. The heart behind our own actions, and in our own words (no matter how they were said or done) was a heart of compassion, a heart of love and grace. 

How has it come to this? I take one look at our team and all I see are blatant public displays of affection that surpass my own in my day. We were a worship team. Now we're looking like a dating service - a bad one, at that. 

I suppose we are to blame in this. Yes, I am quick to say this because your dad and I have had our struggles and matters to attend to. But in hindsight, in our absence, wouldn't it have been nice for each of us to remind each other of who we are in Christ, and who Christ is in us? Your dad has been struggling. He has not hidden his battles from you. I may not have told you all the details of my own life but you all ought to know that despite what we missed out on, we are floating, we are walking on water. 

Our lives have been weighed down by the world and its devices and instruments, but alas, we continue to say, 'It is no longer I who stands, but Christ who stands; no longer I who smiles, but Christ who smiles; no longer I who loves, but Christ who loves; no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives.' Christ is the only reason why we walk. Christ is the only reason why we walk.. on water, even. 

Can I say the same of you? If not, then please accept my heartfelt apologies. I have neglected my call as a pastor and will do better next time.. 

You are Graceful(l).You are the righteousness of God in Christ. Even now, and especially now, I believe this. 

JB

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26