Sample 153 - Along The Road To Lower Wangal


“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast,
and you miss all you are traveling for.”
- Louis L'Amour

That sounds like something gladly quoted by those drivers over at Victory Liner.

Funny how while I was waiting for the above photo to upload, I took a side trip to check other photography websites, and passed by this gem of a video by Steve McCurry, who I think is another photographer to look up to.


What I gathered from what he was saying is that the journey is just as valuable as the destination. I'm thinking he got some of his greatest shots on the road, or before he actually got to where he was going. He mentioned something along these lines: 'good and better shots aren't too far between, but great shots don't grow on trees. If you see it, don't hesitate to take it, go for it.'

First off, I'm thinking to myself, wow, I should really take shooting while on the road seriously. And the way things are, I don't think I need to really have my X-E2 all the time with me, If the iPhone 4 is what I have, then it's what I'll use.

Anyway, I'm just slightly proud of the fact that I actually took my time to look to the left and to the right, and up and around, while I walked this road less taken.

Growth

Brother
Hierarchy

I took my time to not only take pictures, but to take in all the sounds and sights and the air. This was a legitimate road through a legitimate forest, and I was all alone to behold it, save for the 10-some cars and motorbikes that passed.

I wasn't expecting anything breathtaking, but then I was treated to another vantage point to take the mountain range we would usually see when we visit Dad's grave.



I reached this spot before I decided to walk back to the car. Looking at the road ahead, it led to a clearing with houses and fields. I assumed that I'd have to go past that and thus travel a pretty long distance to and from another good shot. 


The walk back did not disappoint, as I decided to shoot some flowers that I missed / hesitated to shoot earlier. 



...And I couldn't pass on another chance to shoot those wonderful mountains. 




I hope you enjoyed this set as much as I enjoyed the whole journey it took to take them. 

Thank you for your time. God bless you. 



_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26