Light And Faith In All Things


This was shot a few hours ago over at the lonely circumferential road connecting Marcos Highway to Ciudad Grande, Bakakeng. It's the first Fuji RAW I ever edited and I used Silkypix (provided on their website) to do it. The interface leaves much to be desired, but the results are not too shabby.  

"When I first got serious about photography I remember being particularly interested about pulling off the shots that I really liked - car light trails, landscapes, lightning, etc. 

I suppose that's one way I intend to open this 2-session lesson of 'Basic Photography'. A thought was brewing in my mind, that I should be worrying because I haven't really prepared, and my performance would be a reflection of what I really knew about the topic. 

But now that I think of it, I just want to thank God for His goodness and love, and His favor. See, teaching isn't the only thing I'm going to be doing today. I've been asked to sing and to speak in two more occasions. I get this feeling and this confirmation that I've been given words, and the tunes and the photos are there to back the words up. 

Wow. I started this to get my thoughts together on what's going to transpire in around an hour, and I'm ending up with a revelation. Our God is truly an awesome God." ~JB, 121414

Amen. Our God is awesome, and faithful and true. Life in Christ is truly an adventure. Fear may come, but it fades in the light of the Truth of who God is and who we are in Christ. I just ended a sermon of Creflo Dollar where he emphasized Paul's words from Romans 10:9, 'Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God.' 

He was just right when he flipped things around and said, 'Fear comes from hearing, and hearing the contradictions to the Word of God.' 

The sights and sounds of God's creation reflect His glory. God's Word is read through the Scripture inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16), and I believe we are able to comprehend it more when we behold the heavens and the earth which He has made. 2 Peter 3:5 says, "the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God." Psalm 33:6 also mentions, "By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host."

Romans 12:2 mentions that we should be transformed by the renewing of our mind. I believe this renewing ought to happen every day... sin abounds in this fallen world, but praise God for His superabundant grace upon grace, His mercies which are new every morning. I guess putting this and the previous paragraph together we can say that we don't need to look too far for us to increase our faith. All of God's creation - from the massive galaxies down to each and every dose of oxygen we take in with every breath we take, part of what all comes together to live every second more - ALL of God's creation is a reflection of His glory and grace and mercy. 

From the transcript posted as an introduction to this article I mentioned that 'I've been given words, and the tunes and the photos are there to back the words up.' Let's add up to that: the tunes and photos actually point to the Word, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, faith comes. 

Fear arises when we refuse to believe this. And when fear arises, when doubts are cast, then the sin follows. Paul describes in Romans that though the law is good in itself, it is only there to bring us to the end of any semblance of dependence on anything else besides God. The law ought to bring us to Godly sorrow which then leads to repentance, but the enemy tries to steal, kill, and destroy by constantly slamming us with lies that our Father is a hateful perfectionist who will never accept us. 

Praise God, because through Christ's finished work and through the power of the Holy Spirit, we are able to look at all things through the perspective which constantly reminds us of God's absolute power perfectly demonstrated by His grace. It is by this righteousness which comes apart from the law and through faith that we are able to see everything not in fear but in peace and love, knowing that our God is sovereign and He is for us. 

The more we see, hear and consequently speak this way, the more we realize how, despite what the world wants us to believe, we really do have life, and life abundant in Christ. 

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
Revelation 4:11

I believe these words are where we should start placing our focus, as we approach 2015. The lines are being drawn, and our trust in the Lord in all things will further be edified. 

Halleluyah. Soli Deo Gloria, indeed. 

 
_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26