A New Lease In Life

Before anything else happens I need to get this off of my chest. I am just thankful to the Lord for the people He chose to place around me. That includes Paola. She knows I have so much to learn, and she still decides to stick it out with me, understanding me, loving me. 

I used to say that this relationship I have with her is a celebration, a recognition of God's relationship with us. Somewhere along the way, I must admit that I lost track of that declaration. I was focused too much on myself, and as long as my ego was satisfied I didn't care... it is only by God's grace that I learned to take my focus back on His goodness and mercy and love, to take my focus back to Christ Himself all without burning any bridges. 

Again we see another aspect, another perspective, another demonstration of God's unconditional love for us. While we were yet sinners, Christ chose to love us and give His life for us. I have to say that I felt that from Paola this evening when she told me that she loved me in spite of my losing focus, in spite of the slow burn, the pain it caused her. This is patience that causes me to be patient. This is strength that causes to be move in strength. This is love and understanding that causes me to love with understanding. 

There is wisdom in the saying that we don't live for anything if all we're living for is ourselves. There is wisdom in remembering all the benefits we have in Christ. It puts all things in perspective. We are able to believe, receive, and conquer when our focus is on Him. Opportunities and difficulties won't go away when we don't keep our eyes on them... but where we focus determines the outcome of a situation. 

This has been a very humbling day, full of lessons and love from the Lord. Soli Deo Gloria. 

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26