The Wait Is Almost Over...

This is the very first picture I took with my first DSLR, the Nikon D40.

"Is this new camera the next one I'm definitely going to get? We'll know on the 28th, when it's rumored to be announced." - JB, 'My Next Step In The Light?'

Well, there have been a lot of rumors popping up since that last post till today... We are less than 24 hours away from knowing the truth about the X-T1. What we're led to believe so far regarding this Fujica-ST form X-Series camera is that it has a 16Mp APS-C X-Trans sensor, Dials for Shutter Speed, Exposure Compensation, and ISO, Built-In Wifi, a Time-Lapse Option, 8 frames per second... and an estimated SRP of $1300, Body only. 

We hear that it's to be announced tomorrow, and it'll ship out this February. I figure it'll make its way to Philippine shores (and delivered to my doorstep, God providing) March, at the earliest. 

Right now, I'm excited. I'm thinking, 'shouldn't I be scared that I would be disappointed?' but I'm believing, one way or the other, this year, I'm getting a camera. There's a great chance it'll be this camera, and when I get it, I'm confident that it will cover most, if not all of what I intend to shoot - from impromptu events to landscapes for worship. It'll be with me most, if not all of the time - on planned shoots or just to take a shot or two while working. 

It seems to be THE choice - a mirrorless, portable, capable APS-C ILC - based on what the rumors state, it is the most ideal tool. I said tool and I meant it. If I wanted a toy, it would be a medium format film rangefinder camera... but I suppose that's too much for me to handle right now, considering I know close to nothing about film, much less medium format, and even much less, rangefinders. 

Yes, I am excited to see what's going down tomorrow. 

Again, for now.. I'm looking out, and praying. God is good. 

God bless you.