All In All - A Follow Up Post

Been a while since I talked about anything related to the show, Iron Chef.

Remember Rokusaburo Michiba? He was the very first Iron Chef Japanese, and people will remember him for many things - he takes western ingredients and makes great traditional dishes, for one. One of his dishes, foie gras kanpon, was not just one of the very first dishes he made, it was at one time one of the top 5 dishes Chairman Kaga ever tasted. 

It is still my dream, my desire to eat at one or all of the restaurants of the Iron Chefs in Japan. 

Anyway, the reason why I brought Iron Chef Michiba up is because of another thing he was known for - writing down his menu before even starting on cooking dishes. While 99.99% of all other chefs would go ahead and get to cooking, thinking on the fly and making the most of the limited time they have in the competition, Michiba would always make it a point to write his menu, and essentially plotting his time and resources accordingly. I found that quite a respectable trait...

'cept I don't really apply it all the time, and especially in blogging. I usually just jump into the content area, and fill in the title last. In other words, most of the time the article is finished first before a title is thought out.

And I'm back here after posting around probably an hour ago, posting just to say that I may be doing some good in refining the title I had for my previous post. 

It was, 'In Christ, We Have A Financial Advantage'

I'm thinking I should have given it the title, 'Christ Is Our Advantage' 

Two things here. First off, He is not just our financial advantage, He is our advantage, He is what makes us better not only in the area of finances but in everything. The power, love, and sound judgment that we have in Christ through the Holy Spirit is not in us for us to be average, but excellent! 

Second, I believe He is so much more than just something that we have. A song we're going to sing tomorrow has that one line, 'I belong to You, and You belong to me!' See, we don't just look to Christ as our help. No sir, the relationship we have with Him, just being with Him is what we are led to desire more! And what's more, He came down and gave everything up to establish that relationship with us in the most personal way He could for each and every one of us, as individuals.

To the hungry, He was the Bread of Life. John Six Verse Thirty Five.
To the thirsty, Jesus said He gives living water. John Four Verse Fourteen.
To the confused and frustrated, Jesus said He was the Light of the world. John Eight Verse Twelve.

I'm just noticing now that I'm getting these verses from the Gospel of John - John, known as 'The Beloved,' or the apostle whom Jesus loved. 

Friend, I'll end this right there. The more you know that Jesus loves you, the more you will understand how perfect and absolute His love is, and the more you will see how His love covers each and every fiber of your being. He is the Author and Finisher (some translations will say Perfecter) of your faith, and He is THE Solution, THE Advantage to every situation you will ever have. 

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

It has been prophesied that there will be a greater revelation of God's love this year. 

Yes, let His love continue to be made known. 

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless and keep you. 

_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26