Sample 42 - Towards Midday (Colorado '11)


This is the first shot I'm uploading without reduction. Please take the time to view it in full resolution.

 Based on all I've been through these 4 years I've owned a camera, I honestly felt iffy in posting this. The picture was shot at approximately 10 am in the morning from a moving car (we were on our way to Vail - more from there and on the road to there to follow! :D ). You'll see noise and the softness of the 18-200mm (though I remember shooting this at f/8)...

...But I guess it's better left alone. After going through the first black and white landscape photo in a reprint of Ansel Adams' work as compiled in his book, The Camera, I felt more encouraged in posting this picture. Thank God for the creativity and the eye He gave Mr. Adams. What an absolute genius in landscapes he is.

Besides, Pao liked the shot too.

It goes to show that though the sun is so high in the sky, there are still opportunities to take some landscapes to be happy with...

...sometimes God sends you motivation to share it through the work of a legendary landscape photographer, and my girlfriend (who, I must say, shied away from my camera during the first months of our relationship).

God bless you.

Verse of the Day:

"The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so." Proverbs 15:7

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26