Not Just Positive Scripting

So yesterday or the day before I hear about the US Ambassador to Libya being killed. I read somewhere that these killings, this ballsy assault on the US Embassy was a response to a video made on YouTube that allegedly blasphemed Islam and the prophet Mohammed. A few minutes back I read an article that says that at least one of the key people involved is a 'Coptic Christian.'

I think to myself, 'heeeeere we go.' I understand the well-hidden plight of our brothers and sisters who have chosen to follow Christ. I'm led to believe that Egypt may be the most dangerous place to be a Christian. Persecution watchdogs report atrocities as vile as crucifixions being done to 'enemies' of the government, including Christians. I don't believe for one second that this 'Coptic Christian' thought that the inflammatory video was his or her only option to get a message through, but now that the damage has been done, I believe there's a lesson to be learned here.

If one truly believes in a certain thought or idea, then he will realize that tearing down other thoughts and ideas against his own is hopelessly counterproductive.

As Christians, we are not to contribute to make the darkness darker. Jesus Christ has called us the light of the world... LET'S SHINE HIS LIGHT! Why are we burning Qurans when we should be proclaiming the Gospel?! Why are we bashing on other religions when we know that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life?! Why are we attacking atheists personally when we should reach out to them with the love Christ loves us all with?! Why, why, why am I even hating on the methods when I should just be praying to God, sovereign over all?!



 ...
...
...
...
....amen.

Forgive me for that... moment. Brothers and sisters, let us remember what the Word says - that we are not of this world, and we are to adhere to the leading and empowerment of the Holy Spirit more than we are to employ the methods and philosophies of this world. The world calls the message of the cross foolishness, but we should remember that it is the power of God for us who believe.

We are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. There is nothing about love that gives us the right to judge.

Here's a message I wrote to myself a while back. Thought I should share it here as well:

The purest form of hatred is done when one fervently denies and despises the existence of another.

Consequently, the purest form of love is done when one graciously acknowledges and accepts everything about another.

He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. (1 John 2:9-11 NKJV)

Your feedback on this matter is highly appreciated. God bless you.
 

Shared in http://jibee.blogspot.com/. יהוה bless you!