To Escalate - Challenges of the Times

While going through the Christian Post website I stumbled upon one particular article that discussed how the 'American Atheists' were posting messages on billboards, challenging Christians and Muslims by saying all they believe in are myths. This article was undoubtedly provocative, as I saw a whole load of comments as I scrolled down.

And as I was going through these comments, I saw that there was one particular atheist who was very faithful - ahem. There was one particular atheist who was very diligent in answering whoever dared to post, and his messages were intellectual (though sarcastic at times).

I was led to pray for this man. A man who chooses to spend less time on God and more time on himself will definitely have advantages in this world, and I could imagine that it would be very difficult for him to believe in what his senses do not perceive. What else can a man like this believe in, more than himself?

The message of the cross is indeed foolishness to those who are perishing. Not only do they call it foolishness, they also do what is within their power to tell Christians the same thing. They take it a notch up and tell everyone who has a religion that what they believe in isn't true.

How would I react when I am confronted by that man I was talking about? Praise God for the grace that He abounds us with, and for the Word He guides us with.

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes."

- Proverbs 26:4-5

I'm not calling him a fool. The Word is. Not that I am inclined to call him the same thing. No, what I gather from this is that if you take a person like this on a straight up battle, you may fail. Withdraw from the debate and let the Truth literally break the walls by the stones.

"And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him."

- Matthew 21:44

"Brent, you're hiding behind the Word of God. You're hiding behind God."

Damn right I am. That's all I can do, and He will never fail me.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.


Shared in http://jibee.blogspot.com/. יהוה bless you!