Reiterated, Reiterated

"It's very true that sin can start off from a single perverse and disobedient word coming out of the tongue."

I would just like to reiterate my point here, because I'm a bit worried that what I wanted to say didn't exactly come out the way I wanted. Besides, there are more verses in the Bible that were brought to memory while I was thinking of the previous post:

James 3:5-6 So too the tongue is a small part of the body, yet it has great pretensions. Think how small a flame sets a huge forest ablaze. And the tongue is a fire! The tongue represents the world of wrongdoing among the parts of our bodies. It pollutes the entire body and sets fire to the course of human existence - and is set on fire by hell.

One wrong word can set the whole body on fire.

I am led to believe that as the fear of the Lord is the the beginning of wisdom, so pursuing to subdue the tongue to speak what is according to His Will is a good step to take towards righteousness.

Every word that comes out of our lips matters. In these times, where things aren't as geared towards righteousness as they were before, we shouldn't add up to it by careless words - side comments that we don't really need to say, pointless phrases, compliments to ourselves that other people don't really need to hear, etc.. The list goes on.

Actually, sometimes it would be a blessing for us to listen more than talk at times.

I'm listening.


I hope you understand why I keep beating around this subject.


To God be the glory.


Posted in http://jibee.blogspot.com/. God bless you!