Something Meant For Yesterday

The famous photographer Chase Jarvis mentioned that the best camera is 'the one that you have with you.' Dunno if that's exactly what he said but I hope you get the point. It's not about what you want it to do, but it's all about what you choose to do with it. You need to keep using it, keep practicing with it until it literally becomes part of you. You have to keep learning about your camera, and the more you know about it, the more you can trust it to capture exactly what you want to keep, and what you want to communicate.



Any man who relies upon himself to get through any sort of trial would ultimately end up in failure, if not through human error, through the effects of the emptiness that ensues. Whenever we stumble upon any sort of significant event, be it a trial or a triumph, we need to constantly remind each other about Proverbs 3:5-6, which states:



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. "



I thought I had this verse all figured out, until I had a few problems a bit I found bigger than what I thought I could handle. See, you can go ahead and say that you trust God, but how could you say that you trust Him with all your heart if you don't know how the specifics of how He works?



I believe that we should be on a constant quest to know about God more and more and more with every day, to trust Him more and more and more until we trust Him with ALL our heart, even if our understanding has all the reason to be right as the world says right is. Reading the Word is an excellent way to do this.



"Brent, that's a lot of chapters, and I don't think I can take all of those thou's and thy's."



You can always look at the life of Jesus Christ... They didn't call Him 'The Word made Flesh' for no reason. His attitude and His reactions are a perfect demonstration of the Word of God in action.



I guess the evening of the 25th of December is a good time to start knowing more about Him... after all, we celebrate the birth of the man who puts the 'Christ' in 'Christmas' today...



And with that, I say Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night... :)