No Hate, Appreciate

I suppose I'm not the only person who is inclined to agree to the thought that when someone hates another person, it's just because that other person has something that he or she doesn't. It could be prestige, material wealth, the attention or affection of a person, etc., etc. Think about someone you don't like, and try to think about what he or she could possibly have that you think you deserve. You'll probably be surprised at how your feelings could be affected by such shallow reasons.


I have to admit that recently I have been hating people, and I have been insecure, rather, immature. See, it's not just that I don't have what someone else has, it's also that I think I deserve better. That's pride right there, and if it had its way I would probably have lost a good friend right now, simply because I put myself front and center, instead of having faith in the Lord who supplies us all with our own unique gifts. I've learned from somewhere, I think it was in the Rock Church, that if those times come, then I should just focus on what I have (instead of what others have) and be thankful to the Lord.


I guess there's something more to just that. I also have to remember that what I do have comes from God, and what I WILL have will also come from God. This doesn't just apply to material things, but positions as well.


"Do not lift your horns against heaven;
do not speak with outstretched neck.

No one from the east or the west
or from the desert can exalt a man.

But it is God who judges;
He brings one down, He exalts another."

- Psalm 75:5-7


It just dawned on me. If hating on other people comes from the idea that you don't have what someone else has, it's like saying that you don't trust God to give you what's best for you. You're relying on your own judgement, your own pride, to define what's best for you, and that path leads to nothing but shame and pain.


I should always take a step back and be thankful for what I have. Besides, I'm very sure that God knows what would be perfect for me more that I would know. Blessed be His name...


...and may God bless you greatly! Have a good week..