Trouble in Paradise II

Pressure makes diamonds, as they say. Pressure makes people grow. In fact, I know of a friend who explicitly welcomes pressure as part of her life.


It's been roughly a month and a half since I started my stint in Manila, and during that course of time, I have indirectly come to agree with this friend of mine regarding this pressure. This is how I see it: If I'm under more pressure, I find myself running to God more, therefore God has more opportunities to work in my life - rather, I allow God more and more into my life, and my faith is strengthened as this relationship flourishes with each and every event that happens. Since I got there, I found out that I've less options to take in certain situations, therefore making the option of turning to God even more logical (at least in my current point of view) as compared to any other worldly suggestion (which almost always involves sin).


I've also noticed that it's a whole different story when I'm back home. When I'm in the mountains, when I'm in my 'lair', or my comfort zone, it seems like I have more options of what to do, and I find myself more and more susceptible to sin. I find this ironic since I call Baguio my 'safe' haven... But I'm not about to blame the location. It's just that I simply let my guard down, and as a friend I met yesterday tells me, it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. That's not very helpful if you're truly aiming to represent God wherever you go.


I heard it from Pastor Poppo first: We are all at war, and the safest place to be in is in the front line. You can step back, relax, and watch your hopes crumble.


The bus to Manila awaits... Bring me back to battle.

"Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful."

- 1 Corinthians 4:2


God bless you all.