In The Dumps

(Impromptu)


I've been away from home, but the funny thing is I've never experienced being locked out of where I call home... Until now.


Chalk this up with the whole list of other things that just happened to disturb me today. Some people just don't know how thankful they are that they have the conveniences that they have. And I'm talking about some customers. And PETA. And myself. One of the most painful demonstrations of the adage 'You don't know what you have until it's gone' would be lack of sleep.


Apparently, there's so much to pray for that I've been growing quite weary in the past few days, even if we consider the fact that I'm going to be on rest day after tomorrow's shift.


I have so much to complain about. 12 days into 2009 and I have the urge to focus and yield to the sinful nature I have served aimlessly for the majority of my days. Yet I choose to react by seeking His Word, which never failed me in the past. This is the last result when I searched 'Weary' in Biblegateway:


"My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.

Keep me from deceitful ways;
be gracious to me through your law."


- Psalm 119:28-29


While there is life, there is hope. Things may happen, but while I am alive, I have faith that things greater than these things that happen are being kickstarted by the Lord, who never lets us stumble along the path.


Continue to have a good afternoon.