Darker|Brighter

So far all communication given to me regarding the issue of movement to Manila has been verbal, something that wouldn't really be helpful to me. Though I have been able to acquire some sort of record of what was communicated to us, it is in a medium which is could not necessarily be deemed valid by authorities. My father gave me the advice to seek some sort of documentation providing all the details of what is to happen.


I thought this was something that would definitely be to my advantage, so I addressed this issue to my immediate supervisor. She said she would follow up on it. A day later, a need for me to communicate with her arose when it came to my attention that I could request to have the day before my supposed trip to Manila off. As she was aware that I already had my 2 days off for the work week (argh!), she denied this request and instead suggested that I can file a leave for the said day. Seeing as I could use more time out to address more pressing needs than here in the office, I took this option. The transcript below is a record of the ensuing conversation:


JB Lardizabal: hi ma'am, i filed for the leave na po..
e: okay
e: you won't get any documentation for your implementation
e: at least not when you leavve on sunday
JB Lardizabal: um why not po?
JB Lardizabal: i just need some sort of assurance that i can come back up before march
e: i spoke with S
e: if you have issues, we can have someone go instead
e: he said these should've been raised when you had the meeting with r
e: the guarantee was already given to you
e: i don't know what was discussed in the meeting
e: but you will all be briefed once you get to manila
e: all details we have are very limited
e: all will come from manila
JB Lardizabal: i was there. i guess i'll have to work with what i've been given.
e: yep
e: that's the spirit
JB Lardizabal: the Holy Spirit, for that matter. i appreciate the help.
e: okies
e: no prob


As these words sank in, my acquired sense of conjuring all sorts of stipulations which may arise as an effect of this sort of news in my mind (which could just be translated to adding more drama to something which doesn't really need it) kicked in as well. Apparently, my mind had answers to the question, "How could it be any worse?"


Lack of documentation translated to putting myself at the mercy of the authorities, and this is particularly dangerous in this line of business.


God forgive me. My father meant well and I honor him for his suggestion, but my request for documentation may not have been necessary in the first place. I have no doubt that this is all happening under the watchful eyes of God, who is the ultimate and absolute authority of all I am and have and hope to be, and this news is probably God's way of affirming His word in these verses:


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. "

- Philippians 4:6-7

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

- Jeremiah 29:11


If any of you are in a similar crisis, I implore you to take these words to heart as well. Make the Bible your self-help book.


"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

- Isaiah 55:11