Comienzo del Final

I want to be somewhere else, and where I'm being taken is somewhere indeed. I'm nervous, to the point that I deny myself of something to eat. I'm nervous, and therefore this means that I'm more prayerful.


What looks like 2 months may seem like so much more to me. It would depend on what transpires within this time frame, and I pray to God that as early as now I am prepared for what is to come, in and out of the office.


The office. In the past few days, I've learned that the actual location of what I am to call 'the office' has been redefined for me. I am forced to bid farewell to my generally unappreciated homecourt advantage. Perhaps this is the end of the year that I asked for. Perhaps this is the icing on the cake. Perhaps this is the impressive and beautiful picture you took at random right after the pictures you planned to take after a shoot were overexposed, too dark, or just plain sucked. It could be the luscious caramel bar eaten at the end of a Max's Platter (A quarter of fried chicken, a petite cup of rice and a side order of pancit canton).

On the other hand, it could be fly in my ointment. It may be the extra centimeter of water in my rice cooker, reducing what's inside to mush. It can be the smell of dead rat in my private yacht complete with hydraulics. Incidentally, it could be the pretentious claim I made which ruins the solemn atmosphere of a blog.


I couldn't be sure of what could happen, but I can say this. The thoughts which are running through my mind right now tell me that I have a choice to define what happens in the next two months. I'm being blasted with all sorts of thoughts related to possible scenarios, encouraging the sinful nature which resides in me as much as all of us to take heart for all the wrong reasons. I am thankful to the Lord for this experience that I am undergoing right now, for it only shows me that something big is coming up, and how it contributes to my life depends on the paths I choose to follow when all this starts.


"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. "


- 2 Peter 1:5-8


What an overwhelming way to finish the year.


I can always count on the Bible to provide me with a timely, personal quantum of solace. If you have something about to happen in your life as well, I implore you to keep your eyes on God, the author and finisher of our faith.


This probably won't be the last time I write about this.



God bless you.