Chest Pounding

*Another shot of self-psyching. I hope it helps you as much as it helps me. God bless you. *


So I come in two hours earlier today, on what is apparently my last work week here in Baguio, to discuss more details about what's going to go down when I go down before I go down. I'm fortunate to learn that what I've heard so far seems to be to my advantage, though I am quite sure that this is not necessarily going to be a quick walk in the park. Some things have been clarified. For instance, there is the very slight, and I mean really really slight (and usually when I emphasize something it usually translates to sarcasm) chance that they may want me to stay there for good. That's logistics for you. One man's trash is someone else's treasure.



To God be the glory.



Anyway, what's struck me back then and what's kind of ringing in my mind right now would be the choice of words of one of our bosses during the meeting. Of course, it is quite necessary for a manager to make something sound very positive, even if there are a few setbacks here and there. I took the claims that my boss mentioned and swallowed them willingly; however, there was that one morsel thrown my way that I had difficulty in trying to identify - in other words, there was that one thing that she said that took time for me to determine as sincere or the usual sling of bullshit from the upper tiers:



"You guys are part of this team because I know you can perform."



This is quite a peculiar statement, seeing as I've been passed around to do stuff out of my job description so much in this office that I see no baseline statistic that can be used to rate me, much less return a value which translates to "Brent can perform." The fact that I'm blogging now instead of working on what's currently assigned to me is not really doing much to make that statement shine.



Here I am with yet another reason to psych myself up. I can call whatever they throw at me today as totally different from the task they throw at me yesterday, but the fact is there remains a tinge of monotony which I apparently could not stand. I can just see it now. The people who were picked will return to their former glory, from the lazy slobs that the monotony made them. The people up there are either incredibly smart or incredibly stupid. Apparently I'm still quite pessimistic about it. If I found it to be even barely tolerable I wouldn't have doubted my boss' words, and I would have given it straight to God.



Come to think of it, why haven't I given it to God right away anyway? Lord, forgive me.



God has demonstrated His absolute control over all my situations in the past, and now I say I have no doubt He will continue to be glorified through many demonstrations in what's to come. I suppose I had to go through what I've gone through in the past to prepare me for this day.



"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


- James 1:2-4



BANZAAAAI!


...


God bless you.