Cause and Effect

There are those times when you have nothing to write about. Then there are those times that you have so much in mind, but lack the focus to sort things out or to prioritize. Both instances obviously leave you with no article. In this case, I am in the second circumstance mentioned. I am saddened to see how someone here on Multiply was under attack by a whole wave of other people who simply did not like what they saw posted on their site.


Newton's Third Law of Motion states, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." I'm sure that they taught this somewhere somewhen in your respective schools. Russell Crowe (as General Maximus Meridius in Gladiator) states, "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." Zach De La Rocha (former lead vocalist of Rage Against The Machine) once said so passionately, "How long!? Not long! 'Cause what you reap is what you sow!"


Sounds like an adage we can all relate to, right? Sure it does. The question is, are we really willing to be held accountable for our own actions?


That last line (the one of Mr. De La Rocha, whom God loves as much as He loves you and me) came from the Bible, in Galatians 6:7 - "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."


Here's how I see it. Whatever a man says, whatever a man does, whatever a man thinks, has its own effects and circumstances. They may not come immediately, but they will come.


I used to think that I could go ahead and run my mouth about an opinion that I had in mind just for the sake of letting it out. The smallest thoughts disturbed me, and I had the habit of adding drama and hatred to these things through my blogs. I was proud of it too. The more I did it, the more I liked it, especially since what I ranted about got the attention of people, and I basked in this spotlight, small as it was. I liked the feeling of being able to inject what I thought was right to the minds of people. I loved the power.


But God never let me go, and through a series of unforeseen and otherwise divinely staged events which have happened through these recent trying years, I have changed my whole outlook in life, affecting how I write, resulting to what you read today. Every once in a while I tend to look at my old posts (over at http://jibee.blogspot.com/) and just praise God. I invite you to go over all of the stuff I've been writing ever since, and I hope you see the evolution as much as I do.


What also got my attention is that the subjects I wrote about were for the most part things that I attacked instead of reacted to in defense. In other words, these things didn't do squat to me (besides rousing hate) and I went ahead and put them down anyway. Up until today I find myself struggling with this thought. I've mentioned earlier that an instance which hinders me in blogging would be the lack of "the focus to sort things out or to prioritize." A significant factor which leaves me distracted in this case is the subtle temptation to go ahead and react on something with pure hatred, rather, without regard of how this would affect other people, how it would affect me, how it would affect my relationship with God.


And take note, this is just a subtle temptation, brought about by a subtle thought which slowly developed, and at its prime encouraged people to be unneccessarily hateful and close minded of other things. If I had let this continue, it would have ended in my death. What I say is not a result of a very strong imagination (something that I claim to have too after a very good friend said she had it too), but one stated in the Bible.


"For the wages of sin is death,... "

- Romans 6:23


Sure, we're all gonna die, but let's not prolong it through sinning. As a human being, I have my struggle with sin, and I hope you can see how uniquely it affects my life. This circumstance is one of the MANY results of my envy, hatred, lust, laziness, and all other forms of sin that I did in the past. I'm still struggling.


Through this I hope to let you, the reader, realize that we are all in the same boat with this struggle. Let us remember that we were all created under the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26), and therefore we represent God in all that we do.


Let me just say that since I started thinking What Would Jesus Blog, true friends were made known, I've met new friends, I've regained old friends, and I've touched hearts and more importantly, I have felt peace and am continuing to feel it despite all the current circumstances in my life, peace that only God, through Christ, can give. I know I am not perfect, but God in His mercies continues to work with me, in me, and through me.


Let's watch what we say. Let's watch what we post. Let's watch what we think. Let's watch what we do. I don't know how you'll take this, but always remember that the rewards, or (God forbid) the consequences of each and every action will come sooner or later.


Again I quote the following verse:


"...And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."


- 1 Corinthians 10:13


So take heart in at least trying to watch what you think, say and do through God's point of view. It may be tough (I find it tough, but all things happen for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28), but look at how God can bless you!


If all this seems new to you, and if you never accepted Jesus, here's one thing I want to share to you. I read this in the back of a card my mother found in the bedroom of one of our relatives, just a few minutes ago:


"JESUS LOVES YOU!

Romans 3:23
All have sinned and are separated from God.

Romans 5:8
God still loves us.

Romans 6:23
Sin earns death in hell - God gives life in heaven.

Romans 10:9-10, 13
Confess your sins.
Turn from your sins.
Believe in your heart.
Ask Jesus to save you."


God bless you with wisdom.


Enjoy the rest of the week.