Another Fork In The Road

I haven't been blogging as much as I used to. Nor have I been blogging as much as I want to. I say this more now than ever considering that I'm learning that life does not have a slow down button, nor does it have a pause. Actually, there is a pause, it's just that you don't get any money while you are in idle.
It's not that I regret living the life that I have right now. As of today, I have been pushed out of my comfort zone for so many times so far this year. This leads me to more lessons, opportunities, and revelations. Like I said, there's too much life happening to write or shoot about it right now. I don't know how people do it, but for some reason I was able to do it before.

It must be something related to passion. See, I used to write a lot. That waned out, and now I shoot a lot. Least I used to. Since the start of my beautiful relationship with my Nikon D40, I've truly seen the value behind the statement that a picture paints a thousand words. Sure, it may not hit the spot that a more accurate blog would, but it definitely got more people to notice the small exhalations of my soul. That's what I thought I wanted. But ever since I've been blown off of my sockets in all sorts of proportions after the circumstances and revelations which came out of one particular shoot, somehow I've lost my original drive to take shots.

It's like all of it doesn't matter anymore. I used to balk and agonize each and every time I saw a scene perfect for a shot, but now I don't care to bring my camera there the next day. In other words, I would say "I gotta take that picture! I gotta bring my camera tomorrow!" before. Now, it's more like "I'll take it whenever." Speaking of my camera, it's been sitting in my house for the longest time now since I got it.

I took a few shots a while back. I was surprised that I was not as shoot crazy as I was when I started this. I was even more surprised when I saw the value behind the shots that I took. I've taken the liberty to post process some of the shots as I saw fit, based on everything I've learned since I started shooting. I've always thought that a good test of skills when it comes to composition was to use a film camera. Apparently self-control in taking your shots, regardless of what brand or make your camera is, could be a good substitute.

...Or is it? The shots I'm talking about are placed randomly in this blog, without any meaning in particular (well, maybe 'cept for the last picture). Comment on them as you please.

It's been 7 months since my last cigarette.
I've had my camera for around 8 months so far.
It's been approximately 9 months since Michel chose to disappear.
It's been 38 days since that shoot I talked about.
It's been 5 seconds since the last 'It's been' I thought about.


What purpose do you have for me now, God?
This combination of blogging and shooting looks fun. He already has answers for me.
Have a good and blessed week, everyone.