Status Update

It was bound to happen. I had to write sooner or later. 

Following events that transpired this evening I found myself on the road, needing to get frustrations off of my chest, considering the possibility of shooting, but definitely driving. 

The prevalent thought that tried to get to me was 'I feel alone' - Alone, in the sense that though I had a lot of actual company, I didn't have anyone who I believe believed the same way I did about Christ. 

While driving, I knew that thought wasn't something I wanted to entertain, because a follow-up question arose, 'What exactly do you believe?' 

While gassing up, and eventually in a spot I knew was safe to park in, I wrote the following: 

--

My name is Joseph Brent Songgadan Lardizabal, loved by God because of Christ and by His finished work.

I believe in the salvation which comes by Christ alone. For when I was totally hopeless He was the Hope that rescued me. He was and will always be who I need in each and every situation, including now, in the circumstances surrounding me, through the motivation that leads me to write this.

Christ is my Savior, my Lord, and my literal Life. In Christ I move, and in Christ I have my being. My complete trust is in His grace and mercy, which He so lavishly bestowed upon me... yet not because of my goodness - as if I was capable of producing good on my own - but because of His goodness.

I move, and I act, and every word that comes out of my mouth comes from the grace-given understanding that I AM NEVER ALONE. Jesus Christ is as close to me NOW as He could ever be, forever! It is His life and my life together as one in union made perfect by His life, death, resurrection and ascension. 

Christ not only gave me love, but He is the love that makes me love. He did not just grant salvation, but He Himself is the salvation by His life alive in me. 

It is by the unbreakable union I have with Christ that I live with confidence and with more reasons to smile than to complain. My parents were great teachers in resilience and peace in the middle of crises, one of many reasons why I thank God for them.. however, it was by Christ in whom I am alive that I demonstrate perfect peace in equally perfect storms. 

I do not write this because I want to flaunt of my faith.. it's not even my faith to begin with. It is Christ who serves as the great Foundation, and continues to be the Rock, the Chief Cornerstone without whom all things fall apart. He is the Author of this faith, and He will finish the good He has started in and through me..

No, I write this because I have tasted so little of this great and everlasting love, this bread of Life that is Christ, and it is now my grace-given heart's cry that all would know that they can be free of the torment and condemnation this world throws at us... not by showing a way to peace and happiness, but by letting all know that Peace and Happiness came running down to be with us, in Christ and through His perfect, finished work!

Oh, that we would all know!
Oh, that my life would soak more in this truth until all of my being is in total cognition of the Truth that will never, NEVER leave nor forsake me! 

--

As I kept writing, it was as if I knew when to wrap up, or rather, when the statement was going to end... and as it was ending, another thought came into my mind, followed by yet another thought:

My happiness is in the One who approves of me, and not in who agrees with me.

My peace is in Christ, and Christ is my peace. 


_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26