Blooming, No Matter What

Here's a generic macro of a flower. It's a randomly selected shot taken on the Sunday of that weekend we spent in Colorado last 2008. After posting what I think are some of the best shots of my life during our trip to Mt. Evans, these are the shots that were supposed to follow.

It's just that I have been inconsistent in the intervals in between my posts. It was my desire to post at least once a day for 5 days in a week, covering every shot I took, set by set, in chronological order since the acquisition of my first DSLR.


I hate backlog. If I have a New Year's Resolution for 2015, it's to address all the backlog. To do everything I've been telling myself I should be doing for the past years. Not to say that I'll totally forget it all afterwards, but at least I can breathe even easier knowing that it's all taken care of. 

...'It's all taken care of.' Actually, now that I mention it, I believe all the backlog is taken care of, in the light of the verse stated in one of Peter's epistles, stating that I can cast all my cares upon God, for He cares for me.

It's not actually a feeling of frustration that nothing is happening. For the sake of clarification, the feeling is more of the desire to get backlog done to get more done, eventually. 

God is faithful to show His timeless glory upon us all in Christ, and I am assured that my past, present, and future are covered by His loving presence. That's been established. 

I guess I'm saying all this to emphasize that God's covering and aid is the starting point, and not the finish line. God loves me now. Right now. He loves me regardless of how much I have accomplished, and how much is still waiting to be done. And that should not only get me to feel better, but to really get up and go, guided, motivated, inspired, and fueled by His presence and His love. 

I spoke about this last Sunday. Now that we're saved by God's amazing grace, the best thing for us to do first is really, just to soak up all of His presence - Because our God isn't going anywhere. Then the signs and wonders, and the actions... they all follow. 

So more than avoiding procrastination, I should just dwell in the truth of the matter - that God is with me, and He would never leave nor forget me. God is with me, and everything happens, happens for the good of those who love Him. God loves me, and He has all of my concerns in the palm of His hand.

If there's anything I want to stress in all this, it is this: If we want to do anything, we ought to delight in His presence first. The desires of our heart follow. 

Amen. Your feedback regarding the composition and the message stressed in this article is very valuable to me. 

Soli Deo Gloria. 



_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26