The Need For Vision



I'm no Navy SEAL but I do know that in a water fight, you probably won't do very well if you're all alone against an army. I know that the movies show that the guy who faces insurmountable odds is the guy to root for, but in reality, there's more to victory than just the sheer skill of one man. 

I need a team. That's the message I'm getting from my most recent dream as I woke up a few hours earlier than usual this morning. I need a team, and not just a team to boss around, but a team to share a vision with. 

I need a vision. I need a goal which goes beyond myself. 

We preach that we need to preach the Gospel to ourselves each and every day. Part of this is humility, or acknowledging how we could not accomplish everything we have been made to accomplish on our own. No, at the very least we need Christ's help... And praise Him, for after His finished work we have been provided with the perfect Helper - the Holy Spirit, the Spirit with the same power that raised Christ from the dead, the Spirit not of fear but of power, love, and sound judgment. 

This morning I am also reminded by the Holy Spirit that I need to be a team player. Currently, I am placed under the authority of those whom God has placed over me. I am part of their teams, and I would do well to know their vision. 

Vision is key. If I am to lead, I lead with a vision. If I am to follow, I follow by supporting the vision of the leader. 

What's my vision? What's your vision? 

2 Corinthians 4:6 NKJV
"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

We can try to formulate a vision for ourselves, but even if we approach this with intentions we know to be our purest, we will not get anywhere without acknowledging the fact that it all comes from our Heavenly Father, made possible through our Savior Jesus Christ. Who else can give us vision with impact and results, but our loving and merciful, all-powerful and glorious Creator? 

Acts 17:28 AMP
"For in Him we live and move and have our being; as even some of your [own] poets have said, For we are also His offspring."

We are animated in God's presence. I know that I am guided lovingly regarding visions, in the sweet presence of our Father.

On a semi-related note, I'm thinking of finally merging the two blogs I've made together. They're part of one vision, aren't they?

God bless us all.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26