Sample 132 - Convalescence






The bedside scene. Liquids, snacks, and supplements ready to be consumed at any time while I lay, my body still trying to make sense of everything that was going on. 
Soup's up. During the whole time I was served Arroz Caldo overloaded with turmeric (but great with fish sauce and lemon juice), and Cream of Mushroom packet soup overloaded with celery, carrots, garlic, and onions. I am blessed with a good household. 

Steam. If you take baths while you recover from a sickness, cranking up the heat and sucking in that steam does all sorts of wonders. Times like this I miss hot running water. And showers. Yes, that's a shower head you see - it works, but water pressure in our part of the Philippines isn't exactly as strong as we'd like.

This was part of a set of identical pictures taken while I was playing with the X-E2's Burst Mode. Guess who was bored.


"O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me." 
Psalm 30:2


It never fails. You strain, and you get sick. You push yourself too far and your body goes over the edge. You wake up and  decide to work out all of a sudden, and end the day with a little more beer in your system all of a sudden, and it's almost guaranteed that you're going to have a bad day the next day.

...and boy, that bad day easily became a bad week. I had muscle pains, my head was in all sorts of pain, topped off with a case of hard coughing and a runny nose. I lacked decent sleep on that first night because I was up either taking a piss, or taking a drink of water to just purge everything out of my system. 

On any normal day one can easily think that these times are some of the least productive times of our lives. And this is one thing that 30-somethings (like me) would look down upon. 

But I am thankful because I believe that even during these times, the Lord has been faithful to minister to me in more ways than one. I may have thought I wasted my time, but I believe the Lord made the best of everything that transpired. 

That's what I got going on. It has to be the prevalent thought especially during this crazy month of September. 

Soli Deo Gloria.