'Don't wait until you feel ready.'

Looking back at what I had in my mind before the big 30 came, I just have to say that I spent too much time learning. Not that learning is a bad thing, but it's just that the motivation behind all I was trying to cram into my mind before April 25 was for me to have everything figured out, more or less. 

That was not necessarily a big mistake, but now I see the truth: That on my own strength, I will probably never have everything figured out. 

When it comes to a given task, preparations are still important. In the end, however, things will never be perfect.

Here's a message I have to myself, and probably to everyone younger, trying to imagine what the view is like from 30 years old: 

Move. Don't wait until you feel ready. It is for freedom that Christ has set you free, and no matter what happens, nothing will ever separate you from the love of our Heavenly Father, because you are in Christ. 

Because of what Christ has done, you have peace. Do not worry about failure, because in Christ, God will make everything work for your good, despite what your senses tell you.

Because of what Christ has done, you are well provided for. You may have your own ideas of what resources you need before you do something... but instead of focusing on what you lack, look at what you have. Could it just be possible that God has already provided you with something to get started? If you are faithful with little, you will be faithful with many. 

Because of what Christ has done, you have the Holy Spirit. You have a direct connection with our Heavenly Father that no elaborate human act, no eloquent human prayer could ever match. His presence is with you, even in the darkest of nights.

There must be more, but I'll stop here for now. 

Soli Deo Gloria.


_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26